If you want to achieve something in life, you have to take risks. – Dipa Karmakar, Indian Gymnist.
29th August is celebrated as the National Sports Day in India as it is the birth anniversary of Indian Hockey Legend, Major Dhyan Chand. Major Dhyan Chand won gold in Olympics in 1928, 1932 & 1936, with 570 goals to his name. Therefore, We at Aparnaa World School, the best boarding school in Odisha, thought of letting the children know about the benefit of sports in their life.
Most of the children nowadays prefer remaining indoors. This in return is impacting their body, growth & mental health. We have put together some benefits of sports in their life.
- Improved Cardiovascular Health: Getting involved in sports on a day to day basis takes down the risks of heart diseases. It also takes down the blood pressure, helping us as excessive blood pressure is bad for health.
- It helps manage Weight: Sports uses a good amount of energy. The body burns our food to get that energy in return cutting on fat accumulating on the body. Obesity is a big problem among children these days. Sports helps a lot in managing it.
- Enhanced Aerobic Fitness: Aerobic fitness is being fit with a good amount of stamina. This kind of fitness keeps your body healthy with good immunity. Further, the stamina helps the person to go through the day without any tiredness.
- Improved Mental Health: Good mental health is the key to success. Also, A healthy brain keeps you calm & attentive in your day to day activities. It also helps in staying focused on your goals in life.
- Improved Muscular Strength: Muscular strength gives you endurance needed to complete the day to day tasks. Furthermore, it also helps to keep you healthy.