Ramdhari Singh Dinkar
Ramdhari Singh Dinkar is an Indian Hindi Poet, Essayist & Patriot. He is also known as the poet of the rebellion. We at Aparnaa World School, the best CBSE school in Jharsuguda, thought to shed some light on the epic poet.
The poet was born on 23 September 1908 in a small village named Simaria in Bihar, India. He was born to a very poor family & had to do petty works to survive his childhood. Also, he was a good student with interests in history, politics & philosophy. His interest in language grew when he joined college. He studied Hindi, Sanskrit, Maithili, Bengali, Urdu, etc.
Ramdhari Singh Dinkar, after his college days, joined the Indian Independence Movement. There he followed poets like Rabindranath Tagore & has many mentions in his writing. His poems & essays have inspired many Indians. Some of his creations are also mentioned in our CBSE books.
After Independence, the poet & politician served the country. He was elected 03 times as a member of the prestigious Rajya Sabha of the Indian Parliament. Also, he is awarded one of the prestigious awards i.e. Padma Bhushan in 1959.
- Poet: A well known Hindi poet. Wrote many poems especially for the freedom movement of India.
- Multiliguistic: He had a knowledge of many languages like Hindi, Sanskrit, Maithili, Urdu, Bengali, etc.
- Freedom Fighter: He motivated many Indians with his creations & together made the country free.
- Politician: After India’s independence, he still served the country by being elected in the Rajya Sabha, 03 times.
- Essayist: Has many creations to his name. Some of them find mentions in the Indian CBSE Books.
- Padma Bhushan Awardee: He was awarded the prestigious Padma Bhushan award for his services to the country.