Food is a vital part of human survival. Proper eating habits can make us really strong & healthy. Also, improper eating habits & nutrition can impact the body in a negative way. So, in the following article, we will discuss the impact of food on the health of the children.
Components of Food:
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are the energy provider for the body. Having enough of carbohydrates in the body makes sure that the body doesn’t lose weight while the body is working. But, there is a demerit of carbohydrates too. If consumed in more amount than required, the body stores it as fat. This is the reason why people get obese with pizzas, chips, cold drinks, etc.
- Proteins: Proteins are a vital component of food. They have a role in body repair. Protein is an important building block of muscles, bones, skin, cartilage & blood. Protein is needed in a modest amount for body repair. The body produces ammonia to break down the proteins. High amount of proteins can make you sick.
- Fats: Dietary fats are essential for the body to give it energy & it supports cell growth. Also, fats are essential to absorb some vitamins & minerals. It also helps in the production of some hormones required by the body. Overeating fats can clog your arteries & they can block the flow of the blood to the heart creating heart problems.
- Fibers: Fibers are known as digestive helpers. They help the digestive system of our body to work properly and absorb all the required nutrients, vitamins & minerals. Eating a lot of fiber can upset the stomach & lead to sickness.
- Vitamins & Minerals: The vitamins & minerals are complementary to our immunity system. They help the immune system fight diseases & keeping the body healthy and fit. Without them taking care of the body can be a headache. Also, more of these can lead to many medical issues including poisoning.