The K-12 learning system is an emerging learning module attuned with the ever evolving landscape of 21st Century’s education system. It aims to provide the students with real life skills, improve their inherent ability and encourage them through innovative learning techniques. In India, the quality of an educational institution is highly dependent on the syllabus and pedagogy offered.
The guardians and parents these days, are more aware and involved in the kind of education their children receive. They mostly choose schools that provide all-round facilities to their students. K-12 educational system includes both primary and secondary education under one umbrella which means education from Kindergarten to 12th grade is offered in one single institution, facilitating more teacher-student communication. This modern revolutionary impact is all about introducing new technologies and best methods of teaching, as well as learning.
The Current Scenario of K12 Education
The K-12 education system has started gaining recognition and importance in the recent years. In a significant development, the government has also begun showing some active interest to promote it. The government has made primary education, compulsory and free throughout the country which resulted in more educational institutions offering the K12 Education System.
- The students get a constant learning environment, as they study in the same school from kindergarten to Twelfth grade. It also enables teachers to focus more on individual students since they get to know them from their kindergarten days.
- This method of learning offers a student-centered curriculum, where they can more actively concentrate in the learning process. It allows the students to excel not only in their academic domain, but also in non-academic domains.
- K12 education system opens new doors for the students, including a greater possibility to get admission in leading colleges which significantly increases the student’s chance of finding a higher paying job. They can get the opportunity to build a network, acquire more skills and also find a career in their interested field.
- The teachers play a vital role in making learning more interactive and interesting in the classroom. They also encourage the students to enhance their non-academic skills.
- Moreover, many new methods have become a part of the curriculum like assignments, Q&A sessions, e-learning through various educational websites etc.
- These methods of practices help in providing individual attention to students, unlike the conventional teaching method where the students were made to just sit and listen to the lectures.
Through K12 learning system, masterminds are created who can become assets, to the school along with the society. This significant education system is the main reason behind the welfare of society, and is crucial to the survival and growth of developing countries with an increasing number of the young minds. The strategy of this modern education style is to also help the students to be more reliable, self-determining, and indulgent. Therefore, this methodology is being introduced by more and more educational institutions in India.