“Rain clouds come floating in, not to muddy my days ahead, but to make me calm, happy, and hopeful.”
The monsoon season has arrived and with the pandemic lingering around the health of children is of the most priority. So, being one of the best k-12 boarding schools in India, we decided to come up with some dos & don’ts to keep children at the top of their health to fight the monsoon illness.
- Maintain Hygiene: Hygiene is the most important part of staying healthy. Children should be encouraged to wash their hands regularly, at least for 20 seconds. Further, they should be advised to stay away from sick individuals.
- Exercises: Exercises are a great way to keep the body strong & the immunity high. Being a CBSE School in Jharsuguda, we highly encourage physical activities. Guide the children among different exercises like calisthenics, walking, running, dancing, yoga, etc.
- Strengthen your Immunity: One of the best precautions for illness is higher immunity. Make the children understand their immunity. They are to be encouraged to do exercises, yoga & eat healthily. Also, advise them not to get drenched in the rain.
- Good Food: Food is an important component of staying healthy. The food should have a good mixture of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins & minerals. Healthy food gives the immunity system a boost to fight with the illnesses.
- Sleep Well: Sleep cycles are really important to the body. It gives the body the essential rest. Sleep for 6-7 hours every day helps in keeping the body healthy & agile. The sleep should not be disturbed in the middle. Make sure that the children are cozy & comfortable while they are sleeping.
- Clean Clothes: Rainy season has the most humid climate. Humidity & wetness are responsible for many viral & bacterial infections, especially on the skin. Take care of the clothing of the kids as they will not mind wearing wet clothes & playing. Avoid them to get wet in the rain too. This will help them fight the monsoon illness.
- Avoid Sick People: Students are to be asked to keep a safe social distance from sick people. Children’s immunity is weak at this time of the year. They will have a good chance to contract the illness.
- Don’t Eat Outside: Roadside stalls for food should be avoided by any cost. Being one of the top schools in Jharsuguda, Aparnaa World School guides its children to adhere to well-cooked food. We also make sure that the students stay away from the packaged food too.
- Mosquitoes: Mosquitoes & other insects are the main carriers of viruses & bacteria. So, the children should avoid going out in the evening for playing. Also, if they go out they could use insect repellent lotions.
- Don’t Touch Face & Nose: An average human being touches his/her face almost 40 times an hour. In this pandemic situation, this could be a real threat to the health of the children. They are to be trained & advised not to touch their face & nose.
- Getting Drenched in Rain: While getting drenched in rain can be fun for almost all the children of the world, but getting wet in rain makes the immunity go down. This, in turn, will have less effect in fighting back the disease causing germs, viruses & bacteria.